World’s Longest Bridge-Jiaozhou Bay, China-World’s Longest Sea Bridge
China opened the longest sea bridge constructed between Qingdao and Huangdao. China’s sea bridge broke the record of Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in America of being the longest sea bridge in the world.
World’s Longest Sea Bridge, Longest Sea Bridge China, Jiaozhou Bay Bridge in China, Longest Sea Bridge in China Facts. Y shaped Sea Bridge
China is making the other countries in the world envy with its financial, scientific development. It is even proving its caliber in construction and engineering technology. China is the country which is holding the record of fastest transport facilities. China can boast of many high-speed trains and is presently ready to teach any other country and its latest pride is the world’s longest sea bridge. The bridge connects Northern port city of Qingdao and industrial suburb of Huangdao. This bridge has broken the present world record of longest bridge and China has announced that it will soon construct another longest bridge. These sea bridges are the examples of China’s latest developments in Engineering and Designing fields.
Till recently Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana State of America holds the record of being the longest sea bridge. Length of this bridge is 38 kms. China has constructed a bridge in Jiaozhou Bay and its length is 4 kms more than the Ponchartrain Bridge.
- China’s Y shaped 110 feet wide bridge reduces the distance between Qingdao and Huangdao by at least 30kms and the traveling time between these places will come down to 20 minutes from 40 minutes.
- Longest Sea Bridge is completely designed by China Engineers. Many latest methods have been followed in the construction of the bridge. A tunnel was built under the bridge and this tunnel is meant to lessen the traffic on the bridge in future.
Seven of the ten longest bridges in the world are in China. There are rail bridges, sea bridges and Land-Sea bridges in China. Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is the longest bridge constructed on both sea and land. Length of this bridge is 102 miles. China which has broke America’s record of having the longest sea bridge is planning to construct another bridge by 2016 whose length will be nearly 30 miles and will join Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong provinces.
Facts of China’s Longest Sea Bridge in Qingdao
- Length: Length of the bridge is 26.4 miles.
- Width: Six way express high way
- It is estimated that more than 30,000 cars will travel on this bridge.
- The bridge will not be affected even by an earth quake of magnitude 8. Severe cyclones also will not affect the bridge.
- 4,50,000 tons of iron, 2.3 million cubic meters concrete are used in the construction of the bridge. 5,200 pillars were built for the bridge.
- 10,000 workers completed the construction of the bridge in four years time.
- Total expenditure for the construction of the bridge is $ 88 Billion (Rs. 3.87 lakh crores).
- Vehicles can travel on this bridge free for one month but after that each car that travels on this bridge will have to pay Rs. 350 or 4.80 pounds.