Doesn’t A Bird Get An Electric Shock?
If we touch the electric wire we get electric shock. Although the birds stay on electric poles they do not get the shock. Through a conductor electricity passes to the earth. As the bird’s body doesn’t have contact with the earth, the bird is safe. The body of bird gets parallel circle with electric wire. So that it doesn’t get shock.
If the electric wire touches the earth or tree or if bird touches two electric wires at a time then the current passes through the bird and the gets shock. So to avoid these dangers, distance will be maintained between two electric wires. If the distance is less the chances of getting electric shock for birds is more. So, proper distance is always maintained between the wires.