Earthquakes and tsunamis since 1900 | Date-wise list of massive natural disasters since 1900
Here is the list of massive earthquakes and tsunamis occurred since 1900 on earth
- January 31, 1906:- In Ecuador, Colombia an earthquake occurred that was recorded as 8.8 on Richter scale. Thousand people died.
- September 1, 1923:- There was an earthquake in Tokyo and Richter scale recorded the severity as 7.9. 1.45 lakh people were dead.
- August, 1950:- In Assam, Tibet an earthquake occurred that was recorded as 8.6 on Richter scale. 780 people were dead.
- May 21, 1960:- The earthquake was recorded as 9.5 in Chili and it is the biggest earthquake happened so far. In this 1655 people died.
- March 27, 1964:- With 8.4 as Richter scale reading, there was an earthquake under the sea at Alaska in America. There was a huge loss of property and many people died.
- August, 1976:-There was an earthquake at Mindanao and Sulo Islands in Philippines with Richter scale reading as 8. Five thousand people were dead.
- December 26, 2004:- There was an earthquake at Sumatra islands in Indonesia with 8.9 as Richter scale reading. This earthquake led to tsunami and two lakh twenty people died across Indonesia and India.
- March 28, 2005:- Again there was an earthquake at Sumatra islands in Indonesia with 8.5 as Richter scale reading. There was a huge loss of property and many people were dead.
- May 12, 2008:- There was an earthquake in Wenchuan the north-east corner of China with 8.0 as Richter scale reading. Seventy people died.
- February 27, 2010:- There was an earthquake in south Chili with 8.8 as Richter scale reading. 300 people were dead.