B-Humming bird is the smallest one and Giant humming bird is the largest one | Heart of the humming bird beats for 1260 times per minute

B-Humming bird is the smallest one and Giant humming bird is the largest one | Heart of the humming bird beats for 1260 times per minute

Giant humming bird and B-Humming bird Humming bird is the smallest one and very attractive to see. It is very clever and it moves its wings very fast. It is named as humming bird due to the sound produced by it when it flaps the wings. There are more than 300 varieties of humming birds and the smallest one is called as B-Humming bird. The biggest type is called as Giant humming bird.

Food for humming birds:

90% of the food for humming birds is the nectar present in flowers and remaining 10% are the small insects. Their beak is very long with pipe like structure and so they drink the nectar without landing in the flowers. Even though they are small, they are having more hunger. Humans need 3500 calories for one day but humming birds require one lakh five hundred calories to process their digestion. These calories are required for their body as their heart beats for 1260 times per minute. It flaps the wings for 12 to 90 times in one second. So large amounts of calories are required for them to process its lifecycle. Humming birds can control their lifecycle when there is no food during the nights. At that time, its heart beats for 180 times per minute.

The lifespan of humming birds is ten years and few of them die in one year only. They are almost seen in all colors. They are very daring and they can fly upwards, downwards, front and backwards in air. Ruby throated humming bird can fly 800 kilometers without stopping. Humming bird constructs its nest very strongly and beautifully. To protect them, it constructs its nest in safe areas.

  • Humming birds weigh 1.23 to 23 grams of weight only.
  • Humming bird takes bath many times in a day and it just goes near water, takes water with its beak and sprinkles it on their body.
  • Green violet humming bird travels up to 150 kilometers per minute. This is the maximum bird with which humming bird travels.
  • Humming birds can escape from their enemies in a single blink of eye.

Leave a Reply

*